Thanks Jacob:
There is a paragraph in changelog.txt about Procrun 2 binaries. The Apache Commons Daemon page still does not reflect this change. I've found the sources in http://jakarta.apache.org/~mturk/procrun2M3.zip. There is no html documentation there, but reading the sources, I'm trying to find I'm looking for.
Thanks for your time.

Hector./

Jacob Kjome wrote:

Hi Tomcat gurus:
I've read carefully service.bat from Tomcat 5.0.19 and Apache Commons
Daemon, and built a customized script for Windows 2000.
But service installation syntax changed in Tomcat 5.0.24. I could'n
find any new explanation in Commons Daemon page. I've observed
tomcat.exe has changed to tomcat5.exe too.
Can anybody send me any hint ?
I need customize the serice installation script.
Thanks in Advance.

When you says "service installation syntax changed in Tomcat 5.0.24", I'm not

quite sure what you mean.  You still just do...

%CATALINA_HOME%\bin\service install

The syntax of the service.bat file itself changed a bit, if that is what you
mean.

Yes, it is.

It should be relatively straightforward to customize.  Just follow the
pattern that is already there.  I customize the script myself.  Maybe that would
help.  I'm attaching it to this email renamed to .txt so it doesn't get filtered
out.

Jake