I have a site that gets a fair amount of traffic - roughly 300,000 page
views per day - a mix of servlets and JSP

The site runs on 3 separate servers - one of which we upgraded to Tomcat
5.0.19.  We have been running the site successfully for the past year
using Tomcat 4.1.x, and 2 of the servers are still running Tomcat 4.1.x
and are fine.  Other differences between the two 4.1.x machines and the
Tomcat 5.0.19 machine include:

-          Tomcat 5.0.19 machine uses jk2 / tomcat 4.1.x servers use
mod_jk

-          Tomcat 5.0.19 machine using jsvc

The Tomcat 5.0.19 machine is leaking memory at an alarming rate. I am
using the following options on all:

-Xms256 -Xmx1024

The Tomcat 4.1.x machines all run the site and stay around 350MB, but
the Tomcat 5.x machine grows until the JVM runs out of memory.  The
sites are using DBCP, and connecting to an Oracle 10g RAC cluster using
the newest JDBC Thin drivers from Oracle (same on all 3).

I plan on running a profiler on the system, but thought I would perform
a sanity check and make sure I am not missing something obvious (to
someone else).

Thanks,

Brian Beckham

[EMAIL PROTECTED]