We are having a host of problems with character encoding at the moment. Somehow
between the UI and the Struts Action our euro symbols are being turned into question
marks. I have fiddled with the JVM file.encoding, using JSP page directives for
content type and much else besides. I thought Java strings were UTF-8 by default.

Anyway, I stripped off the JSP page directive for encoding and it appears the tomcat
default becomes Latin 1 ISO-8859-1. The euro character does not appear in this charset
and I need Cp1252 to be default.

Can I change Tomcat's default charset?

Thanks ADC

QAS Ltd.