From: Allistair Crossley [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: May 24, 2004 03:59
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Can I change Tomcat's default character encoding?

We are having a host of problems with character encoding at the moment.
Somehow between the UI and the Struts Action our euro symbols are being
turned into question marks. I have fiddled with the JVM file.encoding, using
JSP page directives for content type and much else besides. I thought Java
strings were UTF-8 by default.

Anyway, I stripped off the JSP page directive for encoding and it appears
the tomcat default becomes Latin 1 ISO-8859-1. The euro character does not
appear in this charset and I need Cp1252 to be default.

Can I change Tomcat's default charset?

Thanks ADC

QAS Ltd.
Developers of QuickAddress Software