On Tue, May 25, 2004 at 03:44:51PM +0000, Jacob Kjome wrote:
: This is a common psuedo-misconception.  Compilers can't do anything with strings
: that have a paramter of which the value can only be realized at runtime.

I'm aware of the static-content optimization =)

I was referring to the notion that String concatenation ("+" operator)
is done behind-the-scenes w/ a StringBuffer.

At first I thought that was a compiler optimization, but I've checked,
it's the default (at least in 1.4).

-QM

--

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net