Hello,

I've got two questions concerning in memory session replication:

1.) What exactly is the difference between SimpleTcpReplicationManager and
DeltaManager?
I guess that SimpleTcpReplicationManager replicates the whole session, while
DeltaManager replicates only the attributes which changed. Is that correct? As far as
I see, DeltaManager's performance would be much better, so what reasons could there be
to use a SimpleTcpReplicationManager after all?

2.) I'd like to have a logmessage each time a session gets replicated (just for
"learning" purpose, I like to see what's going on... ;-) ), so one of my objects I
store in each session implements HttpSessionBindingListener and
HttpSessionActivationListener.
The object is definitely stored in the session (valueBound() shows me in the log..),
and the session gets replicated, I guess - at least, I've got the valueBound() - log
on both cluster nodes. However, willPassivate() and didActivate() are never called.
(no log output there. )  Yes, I've set "useDirtyFlag = false" (otherwise, no special
configurations in server.xml - just the default) and the cluster members "know" each
other...

I googled a whole day, read the java doc and everything else I could find.. but still
couldn't find out how SessionActivation exactly works... I assume a session
"willPassivate", gets replicated and then "didActivate" - or am I completely wrong?

Thanks,
Nicole

E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den
Absender und vernichten Sie diese Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie

error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail.
Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material
in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.