From: Weseloh, Nicole [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, June 04, 2004 5:26 AM
To: Tomcat Users List (E-Mail)
Subject: Session Replication with Tomcat 5.0.19

Hello,

I've got two questions concerning in memory session replication:

1.) What exactly is the difference between SimpleTcpReplicationManager and
DeltaManager?
I guess that SimpleTcpReplicationManager replicates the whole session, while
DeltaManager replicates only the attributes which changed. Is that correct?
As far as I see, DeltaManager's performance would be much better, so what
reasons could there be to use a SimpleTcpReplicationManager after all?

2.) I'd like to have a logmessage each time a session gets replicated (just
for "learning" purpose, I like to see what's going on... ;-) ), so one of my
objects I store in each session implements HttpSessionBindingListener and
HttpSessionActivationListener.
The object is definitely stored in the session (valueBound() shows me in the
log..), and the session gets replicated, I guess - at least, I've got the
valueBound() - log on both cluster nodes. However, willPassivate() and
didActivate() are never called. (no log output there. )  Yes, I've set
"useDirtyFlag = false" (otherwise, no special configurations in server.xml -
just the default) and the cluster members "know" each other...

I googled a whole day, read the java doc and everything else I could find..
but still couldn't find out how SessionActivation exactly works... I assume
a session "willPassivate", gets replicated and then "didActivate" - or am I
completely wrong?

Thanks,
Nicole

E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den
Absender und vernichten Sie diese Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie

error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail.
Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material
in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

---