Hi,

>Let's say that I don't want to mess with my working server.xml.  If I
>have an application that's accessed via "webapps/myapp/jsp/index.html",
>where would I put the RemoteAddrValve code?  Do I create a context
>fragment called webapps/myapp.xml and put it there?  I'd rather not
have
>to add a context declaration for every application into the server.xml.
>I have quite a few applications, and they all have different access
>requirements.

You can put the Valve in the myapp.xml file if you'd like.  You can put
myapp.xml in the webapps directory, in the
$CATALINA_HOME/conf/[engine]/[host] directory, or in the app's WAR
file's META-INF directory.  This is all explained in detail in the
tomcat configuration reference documentation: start with the Host
configuration page and follow the link to the document titled "Automatic
Application Deployment."

Of course, having a separate myapp.xml file for each webapp is just as
much work as having an entry for each in server.xml: both approaches
have pros and cons, but they're the essentially the same amount of work
;)

Don't be afraid of modifying server.xml: make a backup copy, make your
changes, try them out, and you can always go back to the working one.

Yoav

and notify the sender.  Thank you.