Well, this is my new index.jsp file:

<HTML>
<BODY>
Hi!
</BODY>
</HTML>

And this the same error message (complete now):
                               HTTP Status 500 -

   type Exception report

   message

   description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it
from fulfilling this request.

   exception

org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.j
ava:519)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.j
ava:274)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:292
)
        org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:236)
        javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)

   root cause
java.io.FileNotFoundException:
/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-5.0.25/work/Catalina/l
ocalhost/jsp1/org/apache/jsp/index_jsp.java
        java.io.FileOutputStream.open(Native Method)
        java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:176)
        java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:70)
        org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.generateJava(Compiler.java:188)
        org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:461)
        org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:442)
        org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:430)

org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.j
ava:511)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.j
ava:274)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:292
)
        org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:236)
        javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)

My server is on Linux and I create a tomcat user to run it.

What may be wrong?

Thanks,
Cyberjobe