I seem to recall I had this problem once and it occurred because servlet.jar
wasn't where it should be (/tomcat/common/lib in my setup).

-----Original Message-----
From: David Smith [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, June 24, 2004 11:21 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Tomcat does not compiles my .jsp!

Take a look at your log files for around the time you try to access the
jsps.  Seems to me there has to be some info related to this error.
Does the .java file get created in the work directory tree at all?  Also
check the volume your work directory is on -- is there enough space and
have you run fsck on it recently?

The last time I experienced what you saw, it was r/w permissions on the
work directory for user tomcat.  I couldn't see the error until I su'd
into the tomcat user account and tried to write a file.  Obviously your
situation is different somehow.

Good luck.  That's all my ideas.

--David