Hold on, I got another look at your first message:

if the init script (run as root) fails, but jsvc works when called by
root on the commandline, you most likely have an error in your init
script.

Most init script problems I've seen are based on assumptions about the
(minimal) boot-time environment.

e.g. look for environment variables that are set by root's .profile and
such, because that file isn't sourced in for init scripts at boot time.

If you're still stuck, post the script and I'll take a look at it.

-QM

--

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net
tech news -- http://www.RoarNetworX.com