Hello Ashert,

may be you ran into the same prob as me....

i also had the problem, that URL-rewriting under Tomcat 5 did not work although i explicitly used it. I found out, that URL-rewriting does only work, if your application runs in the root context, looking like that in server.xml:

<Context path="" docBase="myWebapp" cookies="false" />

I was running my app under a named context:

<Context path="myWebapp" docBase="myWebapp" cookies="false" />

After changing the context definition to the first sample, URL-rewriting worked fine....

hope this helps & best regards,

Thilo

hello,

1. a webapp has a filter, which filters all of the requests to application's servlets.
2. the filter makes a simple check:
if (session == null || session.getAttribute("abc") == null)
//redirect the request to the login page;
else
//continue with it as it is
3. if i invalidate the session, and then try to use back  button of the browser the
filter kicks me to the login page.
on tomcat4 this works fine. at least i didn't see any problem ever.
4. on tomcat 5 this logic works fine only with browser whith enabled cookies. using
the session tracking with url rewriting doesn't work.works the debugging shows that
the flow runs into the code block that must invalidate the session, but it's not
invalidated. i still can get back,see the pages and use the data stored in session!:(
did u have any expirience with this stuff?
thanks in advance.