On 7/9/2004 8:11 AM, Robert F. Hall wrote:
Elisabeth,

Nobody has responded to your question (that I've seen), so I'll "take a shot".

This sounds like a network issue, and network connection failures have to "time out"
before they fail. Using a timed separate thread to obtain the connections for the pool
occurs to me; if the connection thread doesn't return in a certain amount of time the
parent thread could throw an Exception.

Has anybody tired something along these lines? Is this suggestion way off base?

Regards,
Robert

Bachler, Elisabeth (Elisabeth) wrote:

Hello,
I defined a database connection that uses a pool connection. Everything is
working well.
Now I had a routing problem that prevented any database connection (with a
SQPNestedException fired). The exception fired after a long time.... is
there a way of setting the connection limit, so it does not take so long
before firing the exception?

Thanks
Elisabeth

I thought it would be just as simple as setting the parameter in the DBCP???

<parameter>
      <name>maxWait</name>
      <value>10000</value>
</parameter>