Actually, "DOLACHIN 127.0.0.1" is in my hosts file. It
even has the #PRE directive meaning that the lookup is
never attempted.

But I don't think that's the issue, though. Or maybe
it is but there's a way completely around it. Once
again, pages served by Apache do not have this problem
at all. So Apache (blissfully) is not doing something
that  Tomcat is!!!

I wish the lookup (or reverse lookup?) does not happen
at all. And if it does, how difficult can it be to
lookup itself?

Also, I described the situation that annoys me the
most, but perhaps the best example to discuss is this:
We have a desktop w/ 2 "Connections" (in the sense of
XP's "Network connections"): 1. Ethernet 2. Some
obscure unused "VE Network Connection". Unless the
latter is disabled, the 30 seconds delay takes place.

Thanks for all the help.

Dola

PS: I'm just amazed that I seem the only one to have
this problem. Is anyone else using Tomcat 3.3.2 +
Apache 1.3 on XP?

name=smime.p7s