It works fine in 3.3.a.

        -----Original Message-----
        From: Shapira, Yoav [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Sent: Thu 7/29/2004 8:21 AM
        To: Williams, Bret M.
        Subject: RE: sendRedirect not working same after upgrade to 5...26

        Hi,
        I'll look at this if I have time.  Can you try Tomcat 3.3.x?  That has
        the same HTTP Connector as Tomcat 5, so the behavior should be the same.
        If it also breaks in Tomcat 3.3.x, that'd be helpful for us to narrow
        down the code location.

        Yoav Shapira
        Millennium Research Informatics

        The
        >fact that Tomcat 3.2.1 works makes me think it's a Tomcat bug. What do
        you
        >think?
        >
        >       I attached my simple little test servlets. There's a test.pdf
        file in
        >the .jar that is used for the servlet output. Its location is hardcoded
        >c:\test.pdf in the TestPDFOutputServlet.
        >
        >       Thanks, Bret.

        In

        >       Tomcat 5
        >
        >       >when I tried to redirect to a servlet whose output contenttype
        was

        >       ><text/plain> or <application/pdf> I would get a blank page and
        be

        >       forced
        >
        >       >to refresh from the browser to see the results. I can get it to
        work

        >       with
        >
        >       >forward(req,res), but forward() doesn't register in the
        browser. Any

        >       help
        >
        >       >would be appreciated.
        >
        >       >

        >       >If this is a problem that has been discussed to death - sorry -
        the

        >       >company I work for blocks me accessing the Tomcat-user
        Archives.

        >       >

        >       >Thanks, Bret
        >
        >       >

        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

        >       >For additional commands, e-mail:
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

        >       This e-mail, including any attachments, is a confidential
        business
        >proprietary and/or privileged. This e-mail is intended only for the
        >printed, disclosed or used by anyone else. If you are not the(an)
        intended