Hola,
How's the RequestDumperValve useful, if what you want to inspect are the
response headers?  Unless you're sending the response to another Tomcat
server and this is the RequestDumperValve's log from that second server?

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics

resources

>Unfortunately HttpServletResponse has now way to query the headers only
>set them and determine if they exist. However I have the
RequestDumperValve
>for both editions of the code. Here is the log for the 1st set of code
>(your
>suggestions).
>

>: ---------------------------------------------------------------
>:           authType=BASIC
>:      contentLength=659
>:        contentType=image/gif
>:             header=Pragma=No-cache
>:             header=Cache-Control=no-cache
>:             header=Expires=Wed, 31 Dec 1969 18:00:00 CST
>:             header=ETag=W/"659-1091194009140"
>:             header=Last-Modified=Fri, 30 Jul 2004 13:26:49 GMT
>:            message=null
>:         remoteUser=username
>:             status=200
>:             scheme=http
>:         serverName=localhost
>:         serverPort=8080
>:        servletPath=/common/inject/emp-ui-bg-con-tl.gif
>:           isSecure=false
>: ---------------------------------------------------------------
>: ---------------------------------------------------------------
>:           authType=BASIC
>:      contentLength=7675
>:        contentType=image/gif
>:             header=Pragma=No-cache
>:             header=Cache-Control=no-cache
>:             header=Expires=Wed, 31 Dec 1969 18:00:00 CST
>:             header=ETag=W/"7675-1091194009140"
>:             header=Last-Modified=Fri, 30 Jul 2004 13:26:49 GMT
>:            message=null
>:         remoteUser=username
>:             status=200
>
>Above you can see that none of my changes to the response stream were
used.

>Here is the headers for the 2nd set of code (the original)
>
>: ---------------------------------------------------------------
>: REQUEST URI       =/common/inject/emp-ui-bg-con-tl.gif
>:           authType=BASIC
>:  characterEncoding=null
>:      contentLength=-1
>:        contentType=null
>:        contextPath=
>:             cookie=JSESSIONIDSSO=47372C3C7BB03505C936A20970ACB1F9
>:             cookie=JSESSIONID=B75E4FA2AA8047CCD40A885A0A84DFB5
>:             header=accept=*/*
>:             header=accept-language=en-us
>:             header=accept-encoding=gzip, deflate
>:             header=user-agent=Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0;
Windows
>NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)
>:             header=host=localhost:8080
>:             header=connection=Keep-Alive
>:             header=authorization=Basic ZGhhbHBpbjpkaGFscGlu
>:             locale=en_US
>:             method=GET
>:           pathInfo=null
>:           protocol=HTTP/1.1
>:        queryString=null
>:         remoteAddr=127.0.0.1
>:         remoteHost=127.0.0.1
>:         remoteUser=username
>: requestedSessionId=B75E4FA2AA8047CCD40A885A0A84DFB5
>:             scheme=http
>:         serverName=localhost
>:         serverPort=8080
>:        servletPath=/common/inject/emp-ui-bg-con-tl.gif
>:           isSecure=false
>: ---------------------------------------------------------------
>: ---------------------------------------------------------------
>:           authType=BASIC
>:      contentLength=7675
>:        contentType=image/gif
>:             header=Pragma=No-cache
>:             header=Cache-Control=no-cache
>:             header=Cache-Control=max-age=1800
>:             header=Expires=Wed, 31 Dec 1969 18:00:00 CST
>:             header=Cache-Control=no-cache
>:             header=Cache-Control=max-age=1800
>:             header=ETag=W/"7675-1091159753343"
>:             header=Last-Modified=Fri, 30 Jul 2004 03:55:53 GMT
>:            message=null
>:         remoteUser=username
>:             status=200
>

>Do you see the duplicate Cache-Control above? The first
>Cache-control=no-cache is the default then my addition then another
filter
>adds the Expires and then both of the cache control lines are added
again.

>Thanks for the performance tip, now if I can just get this!
>
>I appreciate any help you can offer.
>
>Keith

and notify the sender.  Thank you.