On Mon, 2004-08-02 at 09:43, J.Lindberg wrote:

> Tomcat docs on host aliases say nothing about wildcards, so I'm
> assuming it's not implemented. Would be nice to see a change in this
> policy. :)

It is most definitely not implemented. I even browsed down through the
source to review how it did the mappings. It didn't seem like a trivial
rewrite (at least, not being familiar with the rest of the code and the
potential ramifications).  I could really use the functionality, but the
only servlet engine I've found that has excellent virtual host support
is Caucho's Resin.

You can do a trick with Apache rewrite rules to match wildcard domains
and forward them to a particular /context-path/. This works fine,
provided you don't want to use ROOT web apps to avoid having a pointless
context path in the URL, which I did. :)