On 03 August 2004, Michael J?rgens said:
> No I want to connect an apache webserver over internet to a tomcat
> server. So far I have no problem.
> My problem is, how to secure the connection between apache and tomcat.

One idea: you could use mod_proxy as the Apache/Tomcat connection rather
than mod_jk, and then configure Tomcat to do SSL.  Then Apache and
Tomcat are just talking HTTP over SSL; a bit less efficient than mod_jk,
perhaps, but probably easier to configure.  No idea if mod_proxy can
proxy HTTP connections to HTTPS; you might have to force clients to use
HTTPS to make it happen.  Just a wild idea.

        Greg