Ruth, Brice wrote:

That's the best idea I can think of, too. With SSH tunnels using public key authentication, you can set it up so that the tunnel is setup from a system script, without user intervention.

But what if the tunnel breaks? How can I determine that automaticly?

regards,

Michael

David Smith wrote:

I'm not sure this can be done. Admittedly I didn't look all that hard -- maybe someone who did development work on the connectors can anwer.

I can suggest what I did which is setup a tunnel (SSH tunnel in my case) between the two machines. Then they (the servers) can talk all they want and it covers all services routed through the tunnel -- not just apache and tomcat. Ipsec would work just as well I suspect.

Probably not what you wanted, but it's a suggestion still....

--David

Michael Jürgens wrote:

Ruth, Brice wrote:

Michael Jürgens wrote:

Oh sorry I was a little bit tired in the morning.
I want to connect the Apache securesd over an unsecure medium (Internet)

An my question ist how to connect AJP 1.3 over SSL (not ssh) with jk or jk2.

regards,

Michael

Michael,

I believe you'll want to configure your Apache VirtualHost to serve your SSL requests, then use the mod_jk (or jk2) module to communicate with Tomcat. Is there any reason that your web-application (on Tomcat) needs to be aware of the SSL security? You can find documentation on securing Apache via SSL on the main Apache site (httpd.apache.org). And communicating betw. Apache and Tomcat via JK has abundant documentation as well.

Good luck!

No I want to connect an apache webserver over internet to a tomcat
server. So far I have no problem.
My problem is, how to secure the connection between apache and tomcat.

regards,

Michael