On Tue, Aug 10, 2004 at 03:52:16PM -0500, Deepa Ramamurthy wrote:
: My webapp is running on Tomcat 5.0.
: I've been trying to set it up to use the LDAP server for authentication
: without any luck.

Details, details:

- what do you experience when you try to login? What's in the logs,
  both for Tomcat and the LDAP server?  (Increase log verbosity on
  both for the purposes of your test. You'd be surprised what gremlins
  are lurking ;)

- does your LDAP directory have the proper attributes for user roles and
  such?

- does the directory use a password hashing expected by JNDIRealm)?

- have you tried running LDAP queries using the roleSearch criteria
  specified in the <Realm/> element?

Providing the server.xml and web.xml was a good start, but we'll need
more info.

-QM

--

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net