I should have explained some more I guess. I am currently using OSCACHE at the UI
layer to cached search results strings per page ID in application scope. It is very
effective indeed. The search results come from a content management system. When users
interact with the CMS, events are fired to a listener and I can determine which page
in the cache needs updating.

However I realised this morning that search results per row are security contolled.
Therefore user A's search results for page 5 are not necessarily the same as user B's.

Hence the need for user-level caching. I used my own caching Hashes before but OSCACHE
is very powerful. OSCACHE's cache JSP tag also provides only application and session
scope, therefore I was thinking session caching must be the only other solution for my
problem. But I need to be able to programmatically flush many user sessions. Perhaps I
need to store the caches created per session somewhere so I can grab them.

Allistair Crossley