Hi,
I am using Tomcat 5.0.xx under Linux Debian with Postgresql 7.xx

For me a correct war is a war where you don't have to touch to any pages to
deploy the application. I think everybody is according to this.

In my application, i'm using the Tomcat connection Pool with a JDBC connector
and a Realm for authentification. All is perfectly working BUT ....

- the database/user/password must be defined in the context definition for the
Pool and also for the Realm (thus 2 times !!).

- The pool name is defined in server.xml but also in web.xml and again in my JSP
 to obtain the connection (thus 3 times !!)

I am however using the same method than described in the Tomcat doc in the "JDBC
DataSources" section :-(

How can i make my application to define once and for all, the database url and the name of the pool ? (we could hope to define all in the server.xml context application and then using "what is in the context" in the war, whitout any redundances ?)

How can i make my application to avoid any references to the pool name in the
.war (since all is already defined in the context definition in server.xml) ?

How can i simply tell the Realm to use the database defined by the Pool ?

Thanks a lot for help

--
PM