On Wed, Aug 25, 2004 at 03:40:58PM +0200, Philippe Mathieu wrote:
: For me a correct war is a war where you don't have to touch to any pages to
: deploy the application. I think everybody is according to this.

So far, so good.

: - the database/user/password must be defined in the context definition for
: the
: Pool and also for the Realm (thus 2 times !!).

Idea: DataSourceRealm
(Never used it, but I've seen it in the docs)

: - The pool name is defined in server.xml but also in web.xml and again in
: my JSP
:  to obtain the connection (thus 3 times !!)

Idea: stop using Model1 architecture, so your JSPs don't have to know
about JDBC pools.

: I am however using the same method than described in the Tomcat doc in the
: "JDBC
: DataSources" section :-(

Idea: context.xml

These, and most of your other questions could also be answered by a
closer reading of the Tomcat docs and/or changing your build process
such that Ant sets up variable params for you based on templates.

-QM

--

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net
tech news -- http://www.RoarNetworX.com