by load i meant that the production server may be having its cpu/memory used by other
processes. are you saying that dev and prod servers are doing nothing else but serving
your webapp? if not you should list all the differences, e.g what applications or
software is each server running - are there any differences? you can take a basic look
at the cpu and memory usage on both servers using the windows task manager.

what does your search page search for? does it search a database? does that same
database get searched by dev and prod?

ADC