Hello,

I have finally figured out how to install my web
application as the default app for Tomcat (thereby
forgoing the standard page under the ROOT directory).

So, to get to welcome page of my app, all you need to
do is access this URL:

http://localhost:8080/

However, what bugs me is the subdirectories under the
"webapps" directory can still be accessed even though
I can't find the configuration information for them.
So, for example, I could use this URL:

http://localhost:8080/tomcat-docs

And that will access the index.htm page in the
"tomcat-docs" directory under "webapps".

I know a simple solution is to just delete the
directory, but it bothers me that these directories
can be accessed via a URL when nothing points to them.
 My app's docBase is even in an entirely different
directory then Tomcat's webapps directory.

Can someone give me an explanation as to why these
URLs  of subdirectories beneath "webapps" are
resolving?

Thanks,

JF