On Mon, Oct 04, 2004 at 02:46:39PM -0700, Jeff Faath wrote:
: However, what bugs me is the subdirectories under the
: "webapps" directory can still be accessed even though
: I can't find the configuration information for them.

Perhaps they're being automatically deployed on startup?
Please post your server.xml.

: Can someone give me an explanation as to why these
: URLs  of subdirectories beneath "webapps" are
: resolving?

Related to the above, it's likely a deployOnStartup tag in server.xml.
I believe it's on by default, as a convenience for people who want to
drop a set of apps/WARs into the webapps dir and have the changes picked
up on Tomcat restart.

Another solution -- though admittedly similar to your idea of deleting
the other dirs -- is to use the $CATALINA_HOME vs $CATALINA_BASE setups
to have one set of Tomcat binaries and several independent Tomcat
instances.  That way, the only webapps that exist for that instance are
the ones you put there; any defaults/samples that ship with Tomcat are
out of the picture.

-QM

--

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net