Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

This is a follow-on for a question from last week, but as its now on a
"different-page" of the mailing list. I decided to
post another new questions, so no-one misses it.

1) Below is an original extract of my tomcat 4.1.27 server.xml.  I want to
enable compression in my HTTP connector.
I have a customer with v. low bandwidth. I have read the Apache readme
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/config/coyote.html on this,
but I am still not 100% clear.

Would I be right in understanding that *ALL* I need to do (in the case of TC
4.*) is add the following attribute compression="on" ???

    <!-- Define a non-SSL Coyote HTTP/1.1 Connector on port 8081 -->
port="8080"               minProcessors="5" maxProcessors="75"
               enableLookups="true" redirectPort="8443"
               useURIValidationHack="false" disableUploadTimeout="true" />
    <!-- Note : To disable connection timeouts, set connectionTimeout value
     to -1 -->

2)  Any suggestions on a way of testing this in our high bandwidth
environment first ?

regards

Ben