Hi Folks,
I'm having problems starting Tomcat 5.0.28 using jsvc.

My system is SuSE Linux 9.1 with j2sdk1.4.2_05.

When I start Tomcat using $CATALINA_HOME/bin/startup.sh everything works fine. But now I want to run Tomcat as a daemon under a non-root user.

I followed the instructions on[1] for Unix daemon and built jsvc that I succeeded to start using the Tomcat5.sh script[2]. But actually, Tomcat didn't really start. So I added the options "-verbose" and "-debug" to the script[2] and saved the "catalina.out" log[3].

According to the log (line 1367), the daemon startet successfully, but when my browsers request http://localhost:8080/ , then there is no connection.

The log (line 626)[3] is telling me that "server.xml" couldn't be loaded, but it didn't tell why.

Could please somebody give me a hint what might be wrong and what I have to change to get it running?

[1]<http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/setup.html#Unix%20daemon>
[2]<http://home.arcor.de/plsdontreply/tomcat/Tomcat5.sh.txt>
[3]<http://home.arcor.de/plsdontreply/tomcat/catalina.out.txt>
--