From: David Lee [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: October 26, 2004 3:54 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Interesting discoveries about catalina GUI manager deploy (5.0.28
and 5.0.29)

Phillip, thanks
the context.xml file works. I finally got the JNDI mail/Session to work.

But I found one thing interesting about the GUI manager deploy (upload the
ant generated war file)

After I uploaded the war file, I found that this action not only uppacked
war into the myapp directory with the context.xml in mata-inf directory,
ALSO, it generated myapp.xml in
C:\jakarta-tomcat-5.0.29\conf\Catalina\localhost

This discovery is inconsistent with the JNDI doc says: either myapp.xml in
C:\jakarta-tomcat-5.0.29\conf\Catalina\localhost
or in meta-inf/context.xml.

Another question is: how do I get the JNDI enviroment variable value from
the java program? still using ctx.lookup or other way.

Any idea.

Again thanks for the help!!

david

!DSPAM:417eab4841116084513682!