To: "Tomcat Users List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, November 11, 2004 2:02 PM
Subject: Re: Tomcat 5.5.4, Logging and the death of my friend localhost_log

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 15:25:48 -0000, Allistair Crossley
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Now, I know Logger has been removed from 5.5 series and that we are supposed to be using some kind of log4j / commons-logging stylee way but am fairly surprised that 5.5.4 did not come with a basic setup for this.

I tried to find a reasonable default, but there's none IMO as the logger implementations that Sun provides with JREs 1.4 and 1.5 are quite limited. The only solution would be to write a logger for java logging, but I'm not a big fan of that.

--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Rémy Maucherat