Hi,

>OK.  So, reloading webapps should clean up items in memory consumed by
>that particular webapp, then?

Yes and no.  You are vastly oversimplifying the real world here.  It's
extremely difficult to come up with a webapp that can truly be reloaded
without a memory loss.

>Do you know of a good memory profiler that can be run while webapps are
>up and return to me what each webapp is using?

No, I don't, because Java's heap cannot be split up that way without
incurring 1-2 orders of magnitude of overhead.  I know of good profilers
and use them regularly, but none at this point can do the above in
production without bringing even huge systems to a crawl.

Yoav

and/or privileged.  This e-mail is intended only for the individual(s) to whom
it is addressed, and may not be saved, copied, printed, disclosed or used by
anyone else.  If you are not the(an) intended recipient, please immediately