Hi,

I'm running 5.0.28. I'm using the default $CATALINA_HOME/conf/server.xml. I have removed the ROOT and example webapps leaving only admin, manager (in server/webapps), and myapp (expanded into $CATALINA_HOME/webapps). In $CATALINA_HOME/conf/Catalina/localhost/myapp.xml I have specified my Context path="". When I start the server I get:

INFO: Installing web application at context path /myapp from...

I then also get the apparently infamous:

[myapp] WARN [main] SettingsFactory.buildSettings(96) | Could not obtain connection metadata
org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create JDBC driver of class '' for connect URL 'null'

When I change the Context path back to ="myapp" in myapp.xml the JDBC error goes away, so I'm assuming there's some sort of context mismatch when I specify "" but Tomcat deploys to /myapp anyway.

So my question is why might Tomcat deploy my webapp to the context path /myapp as opposed to the root context when I specify path=""?

Thanks!

Ian