[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I read (by chance?) somewhere on the jakarta web site that mod_jk2 (aka JK2) is officially unsupported since mid-November.

Well, it is actually not supported for a much longer time :).

At this point I'm not sure what to do: should I use JK? Should I stay with mod_jk2 and wait for its successor which should be (??) within the core Apache distribution?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

If you already have a configured server that is working and you face no problems, stay with JK2, but be prepared for no support.

If not use JK, cause JK2 successor (proxy_ajp) will not be available for
Apache2.0, but rater for the upcoming Apache2.1/2.2

Regards,
Mladen.