Hi Sweta. I assume you mean increase the stack size available to each thread. From http://blogs.sun.com/roller/resources/watt/jvm-options-list.html, which is a giant list of JVM options:

-Xss<size> - size - set maximum native stack size for any thread

Also do a 'ulimit -a' to determine what your process constraints are on stack size; if you increase the stack size using the -Xss option but don't give your process permission to use that extra stack size you will get exceptions as well.

Hope this works.
  Brad