From: "Svein Olav Bjerkeset" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, January 03, 2005 12:12 AM
Subject: Logging exceptions per webapp in Tomcat 5.5

(http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/logging.html),
> I have managed to set up Log4j to work with Tomcat 5.5.
>
> However, when I set up indivdual logs for my webapps, only output
generated from log statements in the code (Log4j
> statements) end up in these logs. Exceptions still end up in catalina.out
(which is common to all webapps). I would
> like the exceptions to end up in the logfile belonging to the webapp that
generated it.

> I have tried adding the following line in my
web/WEB-INF/classes/log4j.properties file without getting the wanted result:

log4j.logger.org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[
/mywebapp]=DEBUG, A1

http://www.mail-archive.com/tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg143230.html,
> it seems that exceptions (and other output sent to stdout or stderr) can
not be redirected and will always go to
> catalina.out. Is this correct or is there a way to also redirect
exceptions to individual log files basen on what