In order to answer that question a lot more information is required. For instance how complicated is the running application. Also some information on the target hardware would help. As for the 1000 user is it consecutive /min /hour /day

Drew Jorgenson wrote:

Hey guys,

I'm just trying to see how many clients/sessions you guys get Tomcat to
support at the same time, and what kind of setup did you have to
consider for each case (clustering, load balancing), I would like to be
able to support over 1000 users, is that possible with one instance of
Tomcat running? or would I have to resort to something else?
Thanks in advance for your comments!

Drew.
P.S. I'm considering the latest release of tomcat and jdk.

-- Alain Gaeremynck CTO Le Groupe Interstructure (514) 374-1110 (514) 825-7810 cell weblog: http://www.sanssucre.ca