Thanks!
This is a new install, so that sums it up.  I'll stick with jk_1.2.8 for
Tomcat 5.5.

Of course, the only hurdle now is an explicit example of exactly how to
ADD a docbase (say, C:\MYwebapps\MYexamples\) that Tomcat will see and not
404 or blank page, while still having $CATALINA_HOME/webapps working.

Any ideas?  I've tried all sorts of CONTEXT tags to no avail.  What files
need to be edited (uriworkermap.properties & server.xml & ?) and how
(relative to docbase & <CONTEXT> & ?)?

Thanks!
-Matt

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005, QM wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 21, 2005 at 02:57:48PM -0500, Matt wrote:
> : If jk2 is abandoned, why would I use it over jk_1.2.8?
> : Platform reasons?  Feature reasons? Performance reaosns?  Other?
> : Anyone?
>
> Depends on how you define "use" --
>
> "continue using an existing JK2 install" -- either because you're in the
> process of migrating off JK2 but haven't finished; or because you feel
> you have the in-house expertise to tweak and support JK2 yourself
> long-term.
>
> "use JK2 on a new project" -- no real reason, unless (again) you feel
> you have the in-house expertise to tweak and support JK2 yourself
> long-term.
>
> I recall JK2 had some features over JK(1), but those have already been
> backported or developers are in the process of doing so.
>
> -QM
>
> --
>
> software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net
> tech news -- http://www.RoarNetworX.com