John Najarian wrote:
   I had a similar problem on winblows 2000 server a while ago, I had installed
tomcat to ...\Tomcat 4.1\ and I had to reinstall it to ...\Tomcat_4.1\ and all
worked fine.  On winblows, spaces in variables in CLASSPATH, PATH... tend to
cause problems and the killer is, not on every installation of the same version
of winblows.  Try reinstalling to a path containing no spaces and reset your
env vars.  Like the following:
Instead of your path:
  "C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 5.0\bin\tomcat.exe
try something like:
  "C:\Program Files\Apache_Software_Foundation\Tomcat 5.0\bin\tomcat.exe

Okay, thanks. We'll try that too...

Who am I kidding?  We'll try *anything*!  :-)

Thank you for your help.

  -- Scott