It seems that error is from tomcat, it appears in my log4j log only when i've set the swallowoutput="true" in context.
Also, i've tried to remove all the log4j related config from my webapp, that problem still exists.

Caldarale, Charles R wrote:

From: Reggie Chan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Error "Md not found:xx"

I'm using tomcat5.5.7 in linux, but inside my log4j error log i see that message strangely

INFO [2005-03-05 01:42:42,629] <org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/myapp]> -
Md not found:23, Md not found:23, Md not found:23, Md not found:23,

This doesn't look like anything Tomcat would be spitting out. I would have to think it's coming from your application or maybe something very odd in your log4j configuration.

- Chuck