Hi,
  Tomcat 5.5.x and newer have repackaged the commons
libraries into naming-xxx.jar files and it is probably
causing lots of headache to people doing a conversion
from older distro.   A couple of items I have come
across are, the commons has been package into a path
like so:

org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.xxxx
org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.collection.xxxx
org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.pool.xxxx
org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.jocl.xxxx

Note: the double dbcp.dbcp for DataSource and commons
name is not on the path.

Also subtle change of <Resource> elements and
attributes and no more <ResourceParams>.  I guess
there are no DTD that is used for Context.xml to catch
mal-formations.

aka_sergio