Hi,

I would suggest using jsvc as it seems that many people are struggling with mod_jk / mod_proxy. Be sure to use latest version from cvs though, not the one that comes with Tomcat, to save you some trouble with restarting etc. (at least with 5.0.28).

Trond

Jury Levykin wrote:

Hello!
I use tomcat 5.5 as main web server at Linux host. Me need run tomcat in
port 80.

To solve this task I see two way:
1. Running tomcat as daemon in port 80 by jsvc command.
2. Running apache in port 80 and use mod_jk to redirect users request to
tomcat.

What way is most secure?