> Huh?  The Sun 1.3, 1.4, and 5.0 JVMs use all 32 of
the CPUs on our
> systems quite nicely.  What may be going on is that
some administrator
> has set Windows' CPU affinity to restrict all
threads of a given
> process to a single CPU.
>
> - Chuck

We have a recent and up2date Linux Redhat
installation, and the sun Java hotspot 1.4.2 in server
mode JVM.  When I run "top" I see Java as one process,
and with one Tomcat running in a performance test, it
only hits 50% CPU (of a 2 CPU box).  When I run 2
tomcats, I see two processes, and it hits 100% CPU.
If anyone has seen this behavior, and then changed
some settings to get Tomcat or Java to use multiple
CPUs for one instance, I would be curious.  Maybe it
is something with the threading model or something.  I
thought Java used native threads by default, or at
least green threads on top of native threads
(one-to-one), so Im not sure how this fits in...

Thanks,
Chris