Hi Harry,

Am Montag, 9. Mai 2005 20:53 schrieb Harry Mantheakis:
> Browsers should (and mostly do, I think) respect the encoding you
> specify when setting the response content-type (and the meta-tag
> content-type) so you can simply assume (in your filter) that your
> form-data will be in UTF-8.
>
> Clients still need to, of course, set their browsers to display the
> relevant charsets correctly.

As far as HTML forms are concerned, you can force the browser to submit
them to the server using a particular charset by adding the
"accept-charset" attribute to the form tag, i.e.:

        <form accept-charset="utf-8" ...>
        </form>

http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/interact/forms.html#adef-accept-charset

Best wishes,