Lutz Zetzsche wrote:

Hi Harry,

Am Montag, 9. Mai 2005 20:53 schrieb Harry Mantheakis:

Browsers should (and mostly do, I think) respect the encoding you
specify when setting the response content-type (and the meta-tag
content-type) so you can simply assume (in your filter) that your
form-data will be in UTF-8.

Clients still need to, of course, set their browsers to display the
relevant charsets correctly.

As far as HTML forms are concerned, you can force the browser to submit them to the server using a particular charset by adding the "accept-charset" attribute to the form tag, i.e.:

        <form accept-charset="utf-8" ...>
        </form>

http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/interact/forms.html#adef-accept-charset

This does however not work with Internet Explorer.
I had this problem in the past. IE insists on using the page charset and ignores the accept-charset attribute.

There were some more information at this URL (http://ppewww.ph.gla.ac.uk/~flavell/charset/form-i18n.html), but it is currently not available.

HTH
Christoph