Hi Andy,

> I'm interesting in coming with something that will let me track
> Tomcat's performance/behavior such that I can isolate what causes it
> to occasionally hang-up (no info in the logs) or run out of memory. If
> anyone has already looked into these things and come up with a decent
> solution please share.

We fixed our memory leaks with Reference Scanner http://jb2works.com/ .
This is really a great monitoring tool, we always have it running when
we run tomcat.
For Open Source or education it seems to be free.

Greetz
Ralph

--
+++ Lassen Sie Ihren Gedanken freien Lauf... z.B. per FreeSMS +++
GMX bietet bis zu 100 FreeSMS/Monat: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail