I can't thank you enough. I was wondering if anyone had done it, and you certainly have.

The sample files I have has always been the biggest hurdle for me also. The mod_jk.so I am using is "mod_jk-1.2.13-apache-2.0.54.so" which I think is for Windows.

I'll refer to the same directions you used, and I am sure I will get it also. Thanks for giving me hope that it can be done! Now I just have to get past those sample files also.

Thanks again!

                                         Tom

Darryl Wilburn wrote:

Tom,
I have Tomcat 5.5.7, Apache 2.0.54, JRE 1.5.0_03, JK
1.2.11, running on Win2k3 server with no problems. The biggest hurdle I had to get over was making the
necessary changes on the sample files included with
the software. (the worker names didn't match) The
files required are mod_jk.so (downloaded at
http://www.apache.org/dist/jakarta/tomcat-connectors/jk/binaries/)
The instructions I followed are at
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/connectors-doc/howto/apache.html.
The other files involved are workers.properties,
mod_jk.conf. The HowTo instructions at the above link
are excellent.

DW

--- "Tom Holmes Jr." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Ok, I'm not a newbie to Apache 2.x, Tomcat 4.x, JK2
with Java SDK 1.4.x ... I have gotten these to work over the years with
few problems either on a Windows or Linux environment. I've modified
the httpd.conf file and workers2.properties files under Apache 2.x, and
the server.xml and jk2.properties under Tomcat 4.x.

However, now I am in unfamiliar territory once more.
I am working on Windows 2000, and I want to use Apache 2.x which I
have no problems working with. But now, I want it to work with
Tomcat 5.5.x ... so, here the questions begins:

I understand that I should be using the Java SDK 1.5
now with Tomcat 5.5.x, is that correct?

I always thought that JK2 was the new version of JK.
I have always used JK2 to connect tomcat 4.x to Apache 2.x. I
understand that JK2 is now deprecated and is no longer getting any support? Does this mean I should now use JK to connect Tomcat 5.5.x with
Apache 2.x? Do I still need a workers2.properties file?

Where can I find documentation on using JK in order
to connect Apache 2.x with Tomcat 5.5.x? Any sample files I need?

I know I've seen a lot of questions about this on
this list and on the net (yes, Google is my friend), but I only get bits
and pieces of the whole, I was looking for anything more
comprehensive.

Thanks for any help you guys can provide!

Tom

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]