Hello.

I'm a bit confused about simple logging on tomcat 5.0.  I've read much of the
FAQ at http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/faq/logging.html#builtIn but that
doesn't seem to address what I'm looking for, which is just routine mundane
daily activity.

For instance, if I create and deploy a simple "Hello World" application that
contains only index.jsp, no servlets, no external classes and no JNDI
resources, where on earth will a "hit" be recorded when I navigate to
http://localhost/helloworld/index.jsp ?  And where is the error recorded if I
mistype and navigate to http://localhost/helloworld/jndex.JSP ?

Do I have to build such logging into the application?  Or does Catalina handle
that for me?  And if so ... where on earth?

I'm using FreeBSD installed at /usr/local/jakarta-tomcat5.0

I see log information in /usr/local/jakarta-tomcat5.0/logs/stderr.log
and /usr/local/jakarta-tomcat5.0/logs/stdout.log but nothing that records a
"page hit."

Thanks,

lane