Thanks for the info! That helps. I'll check out the log4j.

------Original Message------
From: Anuj Agrawal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: March 23, 2001 12:11:51 AM GMT
Subject: Re: Logging in tomcat

tomcat user wrote:

> I haven't found much info on logging in tomcat. Is there somewhere I can
go
> to look up this info?

Definetly!  You might want to look at the Log4j project at
http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/docs/index.html
Extremely Cool! 8)

> How does logging work in tomcat. If I write system.out's, will I see those
> on the tomcat console? Or, does this have to go through logging? If so,
how

in {TOMCAT_HOME}/conf/wrapper.properties, it indicates the following:
# Defining where the service is going to put the standard
# output of Tomcat. This is where System.out.println and
# System.err.println goes to.
#
wrapper.stdout=$(wrapper.tomcat_home)\logs\jvm.stdout
wrapper.stderr=$(wrapper.tomcat_home)\logs\jvm.stderr

So your system.out's will go to logs/jvm.stdout

HTH.
Anuj.

FREE Personalized Email at Mail.com