Hi,

I've got a website running on Tomcat 4.1.18. It logs all
System.out.println to catalina.out. However, this file is getting too
long, making it difficult to view the file. So, I would like to
generate a separate log file for each day. Is this possible to
configure under Tomcat?

Also, under tomcat-4.1.18/logs I have a whole heap of other files, e.g:

catalina_log.2003-07-07.txt
localhost_log.2003-04-07.txt
localhost_examples_log.2003-02-28.txt

What are these log files used for? I've searched around Tomcat website,
but there doesn't seem to be any information on the default logging
behaviour of Tomcat. If anyone knows of any good documents or websites
which explain Tomcat logging it would be much appreciated if you pass
it on.

Thanks.