Omar,

Yeah, I had the same problem earlier this week when I upgraded. I got no response from this list because I'm sure the question has been posted a thousand times. But I will have mercy on you because I feel your pain. It's a problem with file locking on Windows. In my case, some of the JARs in my WEB-INF/lib directory were being locked so when the WAR was undeployed by tomcat, it wasn't able to delete them and my redeploy failed. In any case, check out this FAQ:

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/faq/windows.html#lock

Matt Tucker
thoughtbot

cell: 617 775 0742
office: 617 876 4780
www.thoughtbot.com

Marquez, Omar wrote:

Hi,

I'm using tomcat 5.5.9 in Linux and Windows . For some reason when I
redeploy a war file to the Windows Tomcat instance I need to restart tomcat
and then deploy again before being able to access the new version of the war
file app. I don't have this problem with the Linux version, the server
configurations are the same as far as I can see....

Any idea why windows is giving me this trouble???

Regards,
Omar